Muesli has been famous for its breakfast benefits for a while now. The quick to-go milk and muesli bowl is a household breakkie now. ‘Soulfull Foods’ has revolutionized the concept of muesli by taking a step further an providing us with Millet Muesli. Millet is an ancient grain that has gained recent importance owing to its richness of Protein, Magnesium, Vitamin B-6, and Iron. Thus, millet improves muscle health, increases hemoglobin, increases heart health, and is great for brain function due to VitaminB6.
Here’s a fun tasty way incorporate Millet is your lifestyle, Soft and Chewy Banana Millet Muesli Cookies that have a slightly cake-like texture.
- 1 ½ cups of muesli
- 50 gm. of butter (softened, not melted)
- 37 gm. flour (Half whole wheat and half all -purpose flour)
- ½ of small banana (mashed)
- 1/4th baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/6th cup of Honey( i.e., half of 1/3rd cup)
- Handful of cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven at 150-170 C for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the softened butter and honey in a bowl till it forms a soft creamy texture and mixes well.
- Add in lightly beaten egg and then add mashed banana.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour and baking soda) in a separate bowl slight till they mix well, add muesli, and mix properly.
- Add the dry ingredients and cranberries to the butter-egg mixture and mix well enough so that the ingredients are mixed together. Do not overdo mixing this batter.
- If your batter is too sticky then refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- On a baking tray spread the butter paper and brush it very lightly with oil. Scoop out dough scoops using an ice cream scoop and spread such scoops on the sheet at 3cm distance from each other. The cookies will spread due to baking soda while baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes in the oven. Since the recipe contains honey which tends to caramelize quickly at the bottom, you can bake at 150 Degree Celsius instead of 170 C. If the base starts to turn brown from the corners too quickly, you can lower the temperate a bit than 170.
- Take the tray out and let the cookies sit on the tray for about 7-10 minutes before shifting them on the wire rack.
Important: While you first batch is in the oven, put the left dough in the fridge. Take the dough out when the first batch is done and you’re on to the next batch.
The only thing you need now is Milk and your chair to relax. Enjoy!